Monday, July 22, 2013

Lavender For Burns

Silly me, for two reasons: First for touching a hot pan, and second, for not taking a before picture. =)  This is the after.

 I was camping Saturday (two days ago) and grabbed a hot handle on a pan while serving hash browns.  Immediately I could see white ridges on the lines on my fingers and knew it was a bad burn.

What did I do?  I instinctively ran for the water and ran it over my fingers. Then I remembered: "Oh yeah, I have lavender in my tent!"  and ran for my tent.  I put several drops on the affected fingers (three of them) and let it soak in.

For the next two or so hours I soaked it in ice water, and put on lavender about four more times and went back to the ice water because when I took it out of the ice water, it was burning again.

Saturday and yesterday I had blisters.  The biggest blister was on the the middle finger (on the left in the picture).  It was raised about an eighth of an inch, and was about a half inch across (almost round) and the blisters were tender to the touch.  They remained yesterday, but became less tender.

This morning: this!  The picture above, and no tenderness.  I was so excited I decided to blog about it!! =) In fact, I dug with a shovel in my yard for 45 minutes without discomfort!!  (At least not from the burns, haha!)

So that is my experience.  

I so love lavender for burns!!!

I







No comments:

Post a Comment